2 Day First Aid Re-qualification (RQF)
What is it?
Our 2 day First Aid requalification course is a condensed version of the 3 day First Aid at Work course whereby we cover all topics in 2 days rather than 3. Only students who hold a current 3 day First Aid at Work certificate or a certificate that hasn’t expired by more than 28 days can attend.
Don’t get confused between a first aid refresher and a re-qualification..
Who is it for?
Please consider the following rules for attendance:
- A First Aider can renew their First Aid at Work qualification by attending a 2-day requalification course without question, if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date
- If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can requalify by attending a 2-day course providing ‘Special considerations’ have been applied
Special considerations are:
- A signed letter from the employer to the provider of the training stating the reasons why in their opinion, the First Aider is suitably experienced to attend a 2-day course and does not require a full 3-day FAW course
- A decision is made by the provider of the training after discussions with the employer, or the First Aider, and deciding that their previous experience is sufficient to attend a 2-day course
- If the First Aider has lapsed beyond 3 months then they must attend a full 3-day First Aid at Work course
The important thing to remember is that as soon as the certificate expires, the First Aider is no longer considered competent to act as a First Aider in the workplace which may well leave the employer with a shortfall of First Aiders. Therefore, it would be prudent to arrange their First Aid at Work Requalification before they expire.
What will I be learning on this 2 day First Aid re-qualification course?
Our First Aid re-qualification course covers the following subjects:
Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
Fractures and spinal injuries
Control of bleeding
Assessment of the situation
Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
Sprains and strains
Want to book this course? Please call us on 0845 208 80 81 or fill in the form below: